National Bring Your Cat to the Vet Day: August 22nd
Author- Tori Munguia RVT Pet Emergency Education Instructor Dallas, TX
Here are the top 5 reasons routine vet visits are a vital part for your cat to live a long, healthy life.
- Cats are masters at hiding illness. Cat’s natural behaviors make them excellent at hiding how they feel when they are sick or in pain.
- Over 50% of cats are overweight or obese. Just a few extra pounds can put cats at risk for diabetes; heart, respiratory, and kidney disease, and more.
- Preventive care is better than reactive care. Regular exams can help avoid medical emergencies.
- Kittens have 26 teeth, while adult cats have 30. Periodontal disease is considered the most prevalent disease in cats three years of age and older.
- Cats age more rapidly than humans. A cat reaches the approximate human age of 15 during its first year, and then 24 at age 2. Each year after, they age approximately four “cat years” for every calendar year.
For more information go to: //www.catvets.com/Cat2VetDay