Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid Certification class
9/17/19 from 6-9pm
Hosted by Newmarket Animal Hospital
340 Eagle Street
Newmarket, ON Canada
**For more details about the class see a full description below**
Registration fee is $95.00 (Canadian Funds)with our new full color, interactive e-book or $135.00 (Canadian Funds) with an e-book and a printed book
.Each participant will receive an official certificate and 2 CPR certification wallet cards (mailed out within 5-7 business days after the class is held), an ebook copy of the class textbook and a 2 year subscription to our online animal resource center. Animal businesses or groups may request a professional lobby certificate to be displayed in their waiting area free of charge.
This class is designed to teach the average person how to administer emergency CPR and first aid to an animal until veterinary care can be ascertained.
About the Instructor
Lisa Vettoretti RVT
In 2009, Lisa graduated with a diploma in Veterinary Technology from the University of Guelph. Soon after, she attained her credentials as a Registered Veterinary Technician through the OAVT (Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians).
Lisa has experience working with both large and small animals throughout her career. She has worked with horses as as an RVT/ Race Official in Thoroughbred, Quarter Horse and Standardbred racing as well as with dogs, cats and pocket pets in a variety of small animal hospital settings.
Lisa obtained training and certification as a practitioner of Canine and Equine Massage in 2015. That year she also completed a Bachelors of Arts Degree. In 2016 she obtained certification in Professional Counselling Skills.
Together, her skills and passion for education allow her to combine fields of expertise enabling her to provide exceptional and compassionate care for pets and the people that love them.
Register Today to reserve your spot
Registration Includes: 2 CPR certification wallet cards, An official certificate, a 2 year subscription to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 88 page full color reference guide either as an interactive, hosted e-book (View Only/Cannot be Printed) or an e-book with also a printed copy of the reference guide for an additional fee. Cards, certificates and printed books will be mailed directly to the participants after the class is held. Mailed materials can take up to 4 weeks to be received as they are being mailed from our headquarters in the US. Businesses, organizations and groups may request a professional, frameable certificate and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff/members are certified. Lobby certificates must be requested ahead of time and will be mailed with the cards and certificates. To request a lobby certificate please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your business and the class you are registered for.
Our program is based on the most current method of animal CPR which was developed by emergency veterinarians.
*This class will certify the participant in Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid*.
The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, poisoning, burns, choking and more
- How to performing the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for 2 years)___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3 Professional CEUs to licensed veterinary professionals in jurisdictions that recognize such training (click here to read our continuing education policy for veterinary professionals)
Approved to award 3.5 CEU to CCPDT Dog Trainers, 3 CEU to members of Pet Sitters International, 3.5 CEU to members of IAABC, 3 CEU to members of IACP, 3 CEU to PACCC and 3 CEU to members of NADOI.