Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid Certification Fundraiser
5/12/19 from 9am-12pm
Fundraiser for Ontario SPCA, Class being held at
Provincial Education and Adoption Centre
16586 Woodbine Ave
L4A 2W3, CA
**For more details about the class see a full description below**
Registration fee is $95.00 (Canadian Funds)with our new full color, interactive e-book or $135.00 (Canadian Funds) with an e-book and a printed book
Preregistration ends 10 business days prior to the class. Also any individuals registering after the preregistration date WILL NOT receive their cards and certificates at the class. Late participants will receive their cards and certificates via email within 5-7 business days after the class is held.
This class is designed to teach the average person how to administer emergency CPR and first aid to an animal until veterinary care can be ascertained.
For questions and more information contact Monica Seto, email@example.com
Registration Includes: 2 CPR certification wallet cards, An official certificate, a 2 year subscription to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 88 page full color reference guide either as an interactive, hosted e-book (View Only/Cannot be Printed) or an e-book with also a printed copy of the reference guide. Printed books are mailed directly to the participants and take up to 4 weeks to be received. Businesses, organizations and groups may request a professional, frameable certificate and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff/members are certified. Anyone registering after the preregistration date will have their cards and materials mailed to them after the class is held.
Our program is based on the most current method of animal CPR which was developed by emergency veterinarians.
*This class will certify the participant in Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid*.
The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, poisoning, burns, choking and more
- How to performing the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for 2 years)
Registrations received after the preregistration period (10 business days immediately prior to a class) or walk in registrations are subject to a $7 late fee and the late registrant will have their cards, manual and any retail mailed to them within 5-7 days after the class.
3 Professional CEUs to licensed veterinary professionals (click here to read our continuing education policy for veterinary professionals)
Approved to award 3.5 CEU to CCPDT Dog Trainers, 3 CEU to members of Pet Sitters International, 3.5 CEU to members of IAABC, 3 CEU to members of IACP, 3 CEU to PACCC and 3 CEU to members of NA