Registration Includes: An official certificate, a 2 year membership to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 90 page full color class manual either as an Ebook (View Only/Cannot be Printed) *the wilderness manual does not come in a printed version however you may purchase a printed copy of our Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid Reference Guide which contains similar material (additional $24.95). Businesses, organizations and groups may request a professional, frame-able certificate and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff/members are certified. Certificates are available for downloading and printing within 72 hours after the class is held in your membership account. Our office must confirm with the instructor that you did attend and pass all of the requirements for certification.
The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if a dog is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport injured animals, how to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care, how to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency in remote areas, on trails, in the water and more.
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, lacerations, fractures, heat stroke, snake bites, poisoning, burns, choking and many other conditions.
- How to performing the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs
About the Instructor
Haylee has an educational background focused in Animal Veterinary Science, and is pursuing Vet School. In addition to teaching, she is a Veterinary Technician and Animal Control Officer with numerous certifications pertaining to advanced animal care and welfare. She has over twelve years of combined experience working in animal shelters, veterinary clinics and other independent animal rescue/foster programs. In addition to working with domestic animals, Haylee’s extensive training also includes working with various livestock, wildlife and exotic animals. She is passionate about community/client outreach and education in order to serve the betterment of animals.
Member of the Wilderness Education Association
This class awards 3 Professional CEUs in jurisdictions that recognize such training.
Approved to award 3.5 CEU to CCPDT Dog Trainers, 3 CEU to members of Pet Sitters International, 3.5 CEU to members of IAABC, 3 CEU to members of IACP, 3CEU to PACCC and 3 CEU to members of NADOI.