Registration Includes: 2 CPR certification wallet cards, An official certificate, a 2 year subscription to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 88 page full color class manual either as an E-book (View Only/Cannot be Printed) or a printed copy (additional $24.95), businesses, organizations and groups may request a professional, frameable certificate and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff/members are certified.
Our program is based on the most current method of animal CPR called the RECOVER Initiative which was developed by emergency veterinarians. This class is designed to teach the participant how to administer emergency CPR and first aid to an animal until veterinary care is ascertained.
*This class will certify the participant in Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid*.
The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, poisoning, burns, choking and more
- How to performing the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for 2 years)
First aid supplies such as pet first aid kits, respiration barrier masks, etc are available to purchase with your registration. Visit our online store for a list of items. Small items such as barrier masks, blankets, bowls, etc purchased up to 5 business days prior to the class will be delivered to you at the class. Larger items such as pet first aid kits are mailed directly to you at the shipping address provided in checkout. Any and all items purchased 5 days or less will be mailed to you with your cards and certificates on the next business day after the class is held. Registrations received after the preregistration period (5 business days immediately prior to a class) or walk in registrations are subject to a $5 late fee and the late registrant will have their cards, manual and any retail mailed to them within 5-7 days after the class.
3 Professional CEUs to licensed veterinary professionals (click here to read our continuing education policy for veterinary professionals)
Approved to award 3.5 CEU to CCPDT Dog Trainers, 3 CEU to members of Pet Sitters International, 3.5 CEU to members of IAABC, 3 CEU to members of IACP and 3 CEU to members of NADOI.