Registration Includes: An official certificate, a 2 year membership to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 88 page full color reference guide either as an interactive, hosted e-book (View Only/Cannot be Printed) or an e-book with also a printed copy of the reference guide (additional $24.95), businesses, organizations and groups may request a professional, frameable certificate and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff/members are certified.
Our program is based on the most current method of animal CPR which was developed by emergency veterinarians. The class is designed to teach the average person how to perform emergency first aid for their pet prior to ascertaining veterinary care.**
*This class will certify the participant in Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid*.
This is a lecture style class with a hands on session focused on CPR for dogs and cats. The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies in a grooming salon including, skin lacerations, razor burn, heatstroke and more.
- How to perform the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for 2 years)
First aid supplies such as pet first aid kits, respiration barrier masks, etc are available to purchase with your registration. Visit our online store for a list of items. Retail items are mailed directly to you at the shipping address provided in checkout. Registrations received after the preregistration period (3 business days immediately prior to a class) or walk in registrations are subject to a $5 late fee and the late registrant will have their cards, manual and any retail mailed to them within 5-7 days after the class.
Although emergency first aid can improve the outcome of an animal that is experiencing a medical emergency, our company and our instructors will recommend that owners/caregivers seek veterinary care in all instances.
Continuing Education Credits for Veterinary Technicians
If you are a veterinary technician and want to receive RACE approved CE credit for completing this program we encourage you to create your free RACEtrack account with AAVSB. This site will sync to RACEtrack, the AAVSB’s CE tracking system, and provide a seamless connection between CE providers, licensees, and regulators. You will be able to access all of your CEU in one location and submit them to your state board. If you choose not to use RACEtrack you will be required to write your CVT, RVT or LVT number and state of issue on the class roster with the instructor so we can provide you with a manual certificate.
Click Here to create a RACEtrack account
3 Professional CEUs to licensed veterinarians (click here to read our continuing education policy for veterinary professionals)
Although Pet Emergency Education teaches the most current industry standards for animal CPR, we are in no way affiliated with the RECOVER Initiative, its affiliated organizations or its RECOVER training programs.
Continuing Education Credits for CCPDT Dog Trainers
If you are seeking continuing education credits for one of our classes and are certified by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers, you must write your CCPDT ID # on the attendance roster at the class. If you do not provide your ID# we cannot issue you CE credits. Once we receive your ID# will will contact CCPDT and log in your CEU for you. This usually take 5-7 business days.
Approved to award 3.5 CEU to CCPDT Dog Trainers, 3 CEU to members of Pet Sitters International, 3.5 CEU to members of IAABC, 3 CEU to members of IACP, 3 CEU to PACCC and 3 CEU to members of NADOI.