Registration Includes: An official certificate, a 2 year membership to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 90 page full color class manual either as an Ebook (View Only/Cannot be Printed) the wilderness manual does not come in a printed version however you may purchase a printed copy of our Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid Reference Guide which contains similar material (additional $24.95), businesses, organizations and groups may request a professional, frameable certificate and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff/members are certified. Certificates are available for downloading and printing within 72 hours after the class is held in your membership account. Our office must confirm with the instructor that you did attend and pass all of the requirements for certification.
The Wilderness First Aid for Dogs course is for outdoor enthusiasts who like to take their dogs on their adventures where access to emergency veterinary care is unavailable. Learn to help increase your dog’s chance of survival and/or prevent their medical emergencies from getting worse by knowing what to do when emergencies happen during outdoor activities. This is a comprehensive detailed program that focuses on wilderness first aid and the management of medical emergencies that can happen to your dog in remote areas, trail hiking, camping, water activities and more. Topics to be discussed include: how to perform emergency triage on your dog, safely transport injured animals to veterinary care from remote locations, how to obtain vital signs, determine normal vs abnormal readings, materials in a canine wilderness first aid kit and what each is used for, how to manage medical emergencies such as wounds, fractures, heat stroke, snake bites, burns, choking and more. Participants will participate in a fun hands on workshop during the class learning how to apply an emergency muzzle and leg splints on dogs. Each participant will receive a copy of our 90+ page reference guide as an e-book, 2 certification wallet cards, an official certificate and a 2yr subscription to our online resource center.
*This class will certify the participant in Wilderness First Aid for Dogs*. The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if a dog is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport injured animals, how to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care, how to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency in remote areas, on trails, in the water and more.
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, lacerations, fractures, heat stroke, snake bites, poisoning, burns, choking and many other conditions.
- How to performing the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs
Member of the Wilderness Education Association
This class awards 3 Professional CEUs in jurisdictions that recognize such training.