Registration Includes: 2 CPR certification wallet cards, An official certificate, a 2 year subscription to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 88 page full color class reference guide as an interactive, hosted e-book (View Only/Cannot be Printed). Currently the advanced reference guide is not available as a printed version of the book.
Our program is based on the most current method of animal CPR which was developed by emergency veterinarians. This class is designed to teach veterinary professionals how to administer emergency CPR and first aid to an animal when it arrives at the veterinary facility.
The PetCPR+ Advanced Certification program is designed for veterinary professionals specifically. Veterinary Technicians, Assistants, Veterinarians and support personnel will find that the material covered in our advanced program better suited for their needs.
This is a lecture style class with a hands on session focused on CPR for dogs and cats.
- Learn how to effectively communicate with coworkers and clients in an emergency situation
- How to triage a dog or cat experiencing a medical emergency
- Recognize an emergency and understand what to do in a variety of situations
- Learn how to provide client education on how to prevent and provide first aid for many common conditions involving their pets
- Have an understanding how to recognize cardiopulmonary arrest and how to perform CPR both manual and ventilated
- Understand how to use monitoring equipment including pulse/ox, ETCO2 and ECG
- Understand the importance of fluids and oxygen therapy during an emergency
- How to perform the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for 2 years)
The class includes a hands on experience performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation using industry standard methods. Veterinary professionals will receive 3 RACE approved CEU for attending this class. Our certification classes are becoming the choice for veterinary hospitals and clinics to validate their staff training for accreditation.
Upon completion of this class participants will be certified in Canine and Feline Advanced CPR and Emergency Care**
First aid supplies such as pet first aid kits, respiration barrier masks, etc are available to purchase with your registration. Visit our online store for a list of items. Small items such as barrier masks, blankets, bowls, etc purchased up to 5 business days prior to the class will be delivered to you at the class. Larger items such as pet first aid kits are mailed directly to you at the shipping address provided in checkout. Any and all items purchased 5 days or less will be mailed to you with your cards and certificates on the next business day after the class is held. Registrations received after the preregistration period (5 business days immediately prior to a class) or walk in registrations are subject to a $5 late fee and the late registrant will have their cards, manual and any retail mailed to them within 5-7 days after the class.
“This program 779-36151 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 0.00 CE Credits (0.00 max) being available to any one veterinarian: and/or 3.00 Veterinary Technician CE Credits (3.00 max). This RACE approval is for the subject matter categories of: Category Three: Non-Scientific-Practice Management/Professional Development using the delivery method of Non-Interactive-Distance. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE does not “accredit” or “endorse” or “certify” any program or person, nor does RACE approval validate the content of the program.”
3 Professional CEUs to licensed veterinarians (click here to read our continuing education policy for veterinary professionals)