Registration Includes: 2 EquiAid wallet cards, an official certificate, a 2 year subscription to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 88 page full color class manual either as an E-book (View Only/Cannot be Printed) or a printed copy (additional $24.95), businesses, organizations and groups may request a professional, frameable certificate to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff is trained.
This class in no way will teach how to administer veterinary care and is an introductory emergency first aid course for horse owners and equine professionals to learn how to manage a medical emergency until veterinary care can be ascertained.
- Transporting and restraining sick and/or injured horses
- How to prepare an emergency plan and first aid kit for your farm
- How to perform triage, physical assessments including obtaining vital signs
- Traumatic injuries such as wounds and fractures
- How to apply an emergency splint
- How to perform quick release ties and use safety ropes
- Important supplies in the equine first aid kit and how to use them
- Severe Bleeding
- Eye injuries
- Digestive Issues
- Emergencies that happen on the trail and horse shows and more.