PetCPR+ Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid Certification Course
Our program is based on the most current method of animal CPR called the RECOVER Initiative which was developed by emergency veterinarians. This class is designed to teach the participant how to administer emergency CPR and first aid to an animal until veterinary care is ascertained.
This course covers many aspects of handling emergency situations involving dogs and cats including how to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Participants will learn how to safely restrain and transport dogs and cats that have been injured, manage common medical emergencies and perform CPR. This training is highly necessary for veterinary and animal professionals as well as pet owners who want to be prepared in the event of life threatening situation with animals in their care.
- Learn how to safely work with injured animals
- Perform proper restraint and transportation of injured dogs and cats
- Recognize medial emergency and understand what to do in a variety of situations
- Create a first aid kit and understand the importance of first aid supplies
- Have an understanding how to manage choking in dogs and cats
- Have an understanding how to recognize cardiopulmonary arrest and how to perform CPR.
Course participants will receive the following:
- A copy of our 88+ page full color Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid Reference Guide E-book (printed books may be purchased). E-Books can be accessed once you sign into the course. Printed books will be mailed at time of registration and may not be received for 5-7 days.
- 2 year subscription to the Pet Emergency Education Online Resource Center
- Upon successful completion and receiving a passing score on all assessments, participants will receive 2 CPR certification wallet cards and an official certificate emailed to them after completion of the course.
- Copyright access to use the PetCPR+ logo to promote you are certified.
This online training consists of video presentations, tutorials (asynchronous that can be viewed at the participants own pace. Participants may log in and out as much as they like but must complete the training within 30 days). Videos and tutorials are presented by Pet Emergency Education staff and our veterinary affiliates. Video presentations are tracked and progress is monitored throughout this training. There are 3 learning modules in the training and a quiz at the end of each module.
Module #1 Triage and transporting sick/injured animals
Module #2- Emergency first aid for dogs and cats
Module #3- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Choking
You will also be required to review your manual throughout all modules in order to successfully learn all of the material that will be covered in the assessments. A cumulative final exam must be taken at the end of the course and covers all material presented throughout the entire course. Quizzes and and tests are timed and you have 60 minutes to complete each one. If the timer reaches 60 minutes and you have not completed the assessment, your text will close and any unanswered questions will be logged in a zeros.
All participants in this course will start with a grade of zero. Each item in the course is worth a certain amount of points. As you complete the material you will earn points towards your final score. In order to pass the course you must earn a total of 85 points. Cards and certificates are available to print immediately after the course is complete.
“This program 779-30516 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 0.00 CE Credits (0.00 max) being available to any one veterinarian: and/or 3.00 Veterinary Technician CE Credits (3.00 max). This RACE approval is for the subject matter categories of: Category Three: Non-Scientific-Practice Management/Professional Development using the delivery method of Seminar/Lecture. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE does not “accredit” or “endorse” or “certify” any program or person, nor does RACE approval validate the content of the program.”
3 Professional CEUs to licensed veterinarians (click here to read our continuing education policy for veterinary professionals)
Approved to award 3.5 CEU to CCPDT Dog Trainers, 3 CEU to members of Pet Sitters International, 3.5 CEU to members of IAABC and 3 CEU to members of NADOI.