Become a pet cpr and emergency first aid instructor
Pet Emergency Education is proud to have only experienced animal, veterinary and emergency trained professionals teaching our Pet CPR, First Aid and Animal Emergency Classes
Instructor Training is FREE to qualifying applicants
Instructors are hired as 1099 independent contractors NOT employees
Anyone that is accepted into the instructor program must complete a 10 hour asynchronous (no live components) virtual training program
Instructors have 3 ways they are able to make money with us;
1. Teach in person pet CPR and first aid classes and be compensated $20 for each person attending their class.
2. Participate in our online/virtual course referral program earning money each time someone purchases an online course that is referred by the instructor.
3. Sell our company designed pet first aid kits and supplies to consumers in their area and earn a profit for each item sold.
We want to make sure every class participant feels that they have gained a high quality educational experience from an emergency specialist. Instructors must be an experienced animal, veterinary professional or be a first responder with emergency experience.
Supplies and Equipment
Instructors that teach our classes must acquire their own supplies in order to teach the class. It is impossible to teach pet CPR without the proper mannequins and models, As per IRS guidelines for independent contractors, “Independent contractors provide their own equipment, buy their own supplies and do their own industry training”. Our company provides job-specific training to show an independent contractor the guidelines for submitting work.
Instructors can purchase their own supplies or purchase them from our online supply store. The list of required items is below:
- 2 Large Stuffed Dog Models ie. Melissa and Doug Husky or Golden Retrievers) or professional CasPeR CPR Canine Mannequin
- Bulldog for barrel chested demonstrations
- Cat model, stands upright, lays down (color and style may vary)
- AV display equipment for displaying the PowerPoint during classes ie. LED portable monitor or projector
- Laptop, tablet or other device to connect to the AV equipment to display the PowerPoint presentation (provided by the company)
The following will be provided free of charge to the instructor once they have completed training:
- Copy of Class Teaching PowerPoint Presentation
- Copy of the Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid Manual (both as an EBook and Printed Book)
- Unlimited access to the instructor Resource Portal
- Unlimited subscription to the Pet Emergency Education Customer Online Resource Center
- Unlimited access to additional training, and quarterly instructor development webinars
Optional items that are strongly suggested (can be purchased in our online store) :
- Personalized black Logoware T-shirt with company logo and your name
- 3×2 Customized Branded Banner for display during classes and at events
- Pet First Aid Kit
or instructors may purchase the items on their own if they would prefer. Proof of ownership will be required before any instructor will be allowed to teach a class.
Benefits of working with our company as opposed to a competitor:
- Extensive Advertising and Marketing Assistance to find and promote classes including email and fax blasts to your local area at no additional charge
- Strong presence on social media and promotion of the instructor’s classes on social media
- Full service office staff available for instructors’ needs
- Professional website for hosting registration pages, information and increases credibility
- No membership fees ever
- We provide all books, cards and certificates directly to the instructor or class participants, relieving any additional expense to the instructor
- Discounts and promotions offered by our company directly to class participants and hosts never affect the instructor’s compensation
- Eligibility to teach through our shelter/rescue fundraising program
- All class and program credentials, approvals and national accreditations provided by our company
- All continuing education approvals and credits will be awarded for instructors classes at no cost to the instructor
- Instructors benefit from having their classes nationally recognized by some of the most reputable veterinary and animal professional organizations in the country
- We are happy to put you in contact with one of our current instructors if you would like a reference for our company.
- Instructor referral program for online courses
Instructors are paid $20 per person in the classes they teach. Classes average 8-15 people.
apply to be an instructor below (US and Canada only)
*International instructors outside the US and Canada fall into our international foreign teaching program. This program functions different than our US program. Click Here for more information.
Before filling out the application to become an instructor with our company please download and read through the Contract Agreement. As an Instructor you will be bound by the Policy Understanding and Independent Contractor Contract Agreement so it is important that are comfortable with all the rules and requirements expected.
Any questions you may have about the contract will be discuss on your phone interview.