Become a Pet CPR and Emergency First Aid Instructor
Pet Emergency Education is proud to have only experienced animal, veterinary and emergency trained professionals teaching our Pet CPR, First Aid and Animal Emergency Classes
Anyone that is accepted into the instructor program must complete an asynchronous (no live components) virtual orientation program equivalent to 10 contact hours.
Opportunities for instructors who are affiliated with us;
1. Teach in-person pet CPR and first aid classes and be compensated for their instruction.
2. Participate in our online/virtual course referral program earning a commission on each referral.
3. Become a retailer to sell our custom pet first aid kits.
We want to make sure every class participant feels that they have gained a high-quality educational experience from an emergency specialist. Instructors must be experienced animal, veterinary professionals or be first responders with emergency experience.
Supplies and Equipment
Instructors that teach our classes must acquire their own supplies in order to teach the class. It is impossible to teach pet CPR without the proper mannequins and models, As per IRS guidelines for independent contractors, “Independent contractors provide their own equipment, buy their own supplies and do their own industry training”. Our company provides job-specific training to show an independent contractor the guidelines for submitting work.
Instructors can purchase their own supplies or purchase them from our online supply store. The list of required items is below:
- 2 Large Stuffed Dog Models (ie. Melissa and Doug Husky or Golden Retrievers) or professional CasPeR CPR Canine Mannequin
- Bulldog for barrel chested demonstrations
- Cat model, stands upright, lays down (color and style may vary)
- AV display equipment for displaying the PowerPoint during classes ie. LED portable monitor or projector
- Laptop, tablet or other device to connect to the AV equipment to display the PowerPoint presentation (provided by the company)
- The following will be provided to contract instructors by our company
- Extensive Advertising and Marketing Assistance to find and promote classes including email and fax blasts to your local area
- Provide Strong presence on social media and promotion of the instructor’s classes on social media
- Full-service office staff available for instructors’ needs
- Professional website for hosting registration pages, and information and increasing credibility
- No membership fees ever
- We provide all books, cards and certificates directly to the instructor or class participants, relieving any additional expense to the instructor
- Discounts and promotions offered by our company directly to class participants and hosts never affect the instructor’s compensation
- Eligibility to teach through our shelter/rescue fundraising program
- All class and program credentials, approvals and national accreditations provided by our company
- All continuing education approvals and credits will be awarded for instructors’ classes at no cost to the instructor
- Instructors benefit from having their classes nationally recognized by some of the most reputable veterinary and animal professional organizations in the country
- We are happy to put you in contact with one of our current instructors if you would like a reference for our company.
- Instructor referral program for online course
- Class Teaching PowerPoint Presentation
- Copy of the Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid Manual (both as an EBook and Printed Book)
- Unlimited access to the instructor Resource Portal
- Unlimited subscription to the Pet Emergency Education Customer Online Resource Center
- Unlimited access to additional training, and quarterly instructor development webinars
- Contract Instructors are compensated $20 per person in the classes they teach. Classes average 8-15 people.
Optional items that are strongly suggested (can be purchased in our online store) :
- Personalized black Logoware T-shirt with company logo and your name
- 3×2 Customized Branded Banner for display during classes and at events
- Pet First Aid Kit
apply to be an instructor below (US and Canada only)
Filling out this application does not guarantee you will be come an instructor. Qualified individuals will be called within 3-5 business days for an interview. As an Instructor you will be required to sign our Policy Understanding and Independent Contractor Contract Agreement
Any questions you may have about the contract will be discuss on your phone interview.